We have been very busy since we got the new machine up and running. We sold our old plasma machine and our new one became our primary and the work came flooding in.
We have had a lot of questions about our painted slats and how they held up. As we said before they were spray painted just for looks for the initial photo shoot. It was not intended to last and it did not.
We are using a chemical in our water table called Green Cut from Lube Corp. We have never used this product before. We wanted to find a chemical that would prevent rust, prevent growth in the water, prevent odors, and be safe to use. You can click the GREEN CUT link for more info.
In our testing so far with about a month of use we have had good results. The product is keeping the rust at bay on the parts. No odors or growth. And while we can not test if its safe, we are relying on the MSDS info. We have had no burning or discomfort on our hands from being in the liquid. No odors or fumes that are irritating have been noticed.
We have had to add water a few times due to evaporation. We will have to find a better way to test for concentration in the future to determine when its time to add more chemical to the solution to keep it at its optimal level.
When we started we had a translucent green solution. Now its more of a dark green to black solution. This was expected and have had about 40 -60 hours of cutting on the table thus far.
We would like to set up a filter and pump system to see if that makes any difference in the solution over time to remove some of the products of the plasma cutting. Watch for future updates down the road.
So here are some photos of the first cuts and the table after quite a few cuts so you can see how things are holding up.
The table before use and after about 40 hours
Here is a full sheet on the table with everything nested as tight as I can get it.
I had some voids that could not be filled and I inserted some circles and squares to be used in some other projects down the road.
This is a sheet of 16G Cold rolled steel.
All cut settings were straight off the Hypertherm cut chart using the Fine Cut system.
The finished product.
I created the sign portion using Draw Plus. The gun was from some stock art that I had. I modified the drawing and removed some of the nodes, cleaned it up and I added the hang loops.
The photo below shows over 110 pieces that I cut for a remodel at a Dreyers Ice Cream shop. Everything was cut then Rusted (yes on purpose) After it was rusted everything was sent out and powder coated with a clear.
You can see the results below. We took their current trash cans and skinned them with sheet metal we cut on the plasma
The item below was created for a local Motor Cycle Club. The DXF cut file was created by Cascade Metal Designs
We cut the emblem out of 20g Cold Roll
The Bulls were created for the members of a local Fire Department. Once the bulls were cut we used the Patina Products from Steel FX to create some great effects that really changed the look from plain old steel.